Brief introduction to MTS
The video clip that contains the .mts file extension is an AVCHD video. The abbreviation of AVCHD is Advanced Video Coding High Definition. MTS file is based on the MPEG-2 transport stream container format. This MTS video file is capable of storing high-definition videos that have been captured by various HD camcorders.
Now that you are aware of what MTS file is let’s get to know how to play an MTS file?
One of the most common and easiest ways to play your MTS video is via Windows Media Player. Almost every computer running Windows operating system includes this WMP. Now, follow this procedure to play M2TS / MTS files using Windows Media Player:
- Hold “Windows key + R” to open a Run Command box
- Launch “Windows Explorer” file browser by typing “explorer” in the Run Command box
- Go to the folder location that contains your MTS video files
- Right-click the MTS video and click “Open”
- Click “Select a program from a list of installed programs” and hit “OK” to proceed
- Under the list of programs, select “Windows Media Player” and hit “OK” icon to play your MTS video clip
We would like to tell you that, you can easily retrieve the deleted or lost HD videos. If the MTS video clip is accidentally deleted or lost due to any reasons then make use of Remo Recover software to recover deleted MTS files with ease. Don’t delay, straightaway download and install the free demo edition of this tool and start recovering your High Definitions videos.