“CHKDSK aborted corrupt master file table. Windows cannot recover master file table Windows 10. Is there any way to recover files from MFT without any issue. Please help me”.
There are many reasons responsible for corruption of master file table hard drive. Bad sectors is one of the major reasons for corruption. Once you get such issues, you immediately Run CHKDSK in order to solve the problem as soon as possible. But sometimes CHKDSK fails to fix the issue and an error message pop up on screen “Windows cannot recover master file table. CHKDSK aborted.” In such condition, you can follow below mentioned steps and check whether it helps.
- You may boot to Safe Mode and check whether problem still persist. For Safe Mode in Windows 10, Search “System Configuration” in Cortana > Go to Boot tab > Select Safe Boot option > Press Apply and then Restart button in order to switch to Safe Mode
- Once you enter to Safe Mode, you need to run CHKDSK/R until the process is completed. Follow the commands to run CHKDSK:
- Search “cmd” in Cortana and right click on Command Prompt to Run as Administrator
- You need to enter admin password. Type password and click on continue
- In command prompt, type chkdsk/r and you able to fix the issue
If this steps also unable to fix the issue then you need to use reliable third party tool. Remo Recover is an advanced tool to perform data recovery from corrupt master file table CHKDSK aborted error in Windows 10. Apart from MFT recovery, you can also recover data from FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5 and ExFAT file systems. It is capable of recovering data from hard drive partitions as well as external hard drives. Demo version of Remo Recover software is easily available on website so that users can purchase and recover data from master file table.
Other data loss scenarios where Remo Recover Software is applicable
- Data loss due to improper file transfer
- Formatting or reformatting of hard drive
- File system corruption or virus infection
- Use of unreliable software on computer
- Error while installation of operating system
Precautionary measures to secure MFT corruption
- Never employ unreliable application to recover files from corrupt MFT
- Use reliable antivirus software to prevent data loss from MFT hard drive
- Keep proper backup of important files when you come across any disk warning
Steps to recover files from corrupt master file table chkdsk aborted error
Step I: Download trial version of Remo Recover tool in your Windows 10 system. Launch the application in order to perform data recovery from corrupt master file table.
Step II: Choose Recover Drives from main screen and select Partition Recovery. Choose drive which prompts error corrupt master file table chkdsk aborted.
Step III: Start file recovery by simply pressing next arrow. You are able to preview recovered files with the demo version. In order to save recovered data from master file table, you need to upgrade the tool with the licensed version.